Knowledgeable and Compassionate Representation for Divorce
Deciding to end your marriage is already hard enough. Finding experienced attorneys to help you with your dissolution of marriage proceedings should not be a daunting task. At Bergman Family Law, we understand the emotional and legal challenges of getting divorced. We work closely with our clients to provide personalized service and ensure a swift and efficient resolution.
Our expert divorce attorney, Harrison Bergman, has dedicated his career to family law. His years of experience allow him to provide all clients with credible and dependable representation when filing for divorce in Florida. Learn more about how Bergman Family Law will support you during your divorce by calling 954-419-4358 or reaching out online today.
What Does Divorce Accomplish?
A divorce involves much more than ending your legal relationship with your spouse. The complete dissolution of marriage proceeding includes matters such as:
- The division of assets and liabilities: Florida is an equitable distribution state, which means that all property and debts you share with your spouse must be fairly divided during your divorce.
- Alimony or spousal support: If you or your spouse sacrificed educational opportunities or a career to support your joint household, there might be grounds for a spousal support order.
- Child support and timesharing plans: If you share children with your spouse, you will need to develop a timesharing and parenting plan. You will also need to work with the court to determine whether and how much child support should be paid.
These matters can be quite complex. If you have questions or concerns about how they will be handled in your divorce, you may benefit from consulting a qualified family law attorney like Harrison Bergman.
Filing for Divorce in Florida
Once you have decided to end your marriage, you file for divorce. Filing for divorce in Florida is often a complicated process. You will need to:
- File the correct Petition for Dissolution of Marriage form: There are different forms depending on whether you have children and significant assets. A knowledgeable divorce lawyer can assist you with determining the proper paperwork to file.
- Serve your spouse: After filing your petition, you will need to serve your spouse with the divorce papers. You can work with a personal service provider to deliver the documents directly to them.
- Wait for their response: Your spouse has 30 days to respond after they have been served. They can agree to or dispute the settlement you suggest in your petition Their response will determine your next steps.
- Collaborate to draft a divorce settlement or litigate your disputes in court: If you and your spouse have few conflicts, you may be able to negotiate your divorce settlement with skilled legal counsel. Otherwise, you will need to have the matter heard in court.
The team at Bergman Family Law is prepared to assist you with the entire process, as well as any other matters that may arise during your divorce.
Finalizing Divorces in Florida
As dissolutions can be challenging, discussing your needs with a skilled Miami divorce attorney such as Harrison Bergman is in your best interest. He is available to provide qualified legal counsel concerning dissolution and its effect on child support, property distribution, alimony, and spousal maintenance, among other issues.
If you would like to find out more about the dissolution of marriage and solutions to other family law issues, do not hesitate to get in touch with Bergman Family Law at our Florida office today to schedule your consultation.